Saturday, April 17, 2010

Frances and I were picked up by an airport van at 4 am this morning. We arrived at SFO at 5 with our large case which had the contrabass, hair dryer, heating pad, and my running shoes. And of course, even though I'd been told on the phone we could gate check the case, we couldn't. However, a really nice United employee helped us with getting it through security while we observed it, then seeing it locked for the rest of the trip. It was actually a relief to not have to get it through carry-on security. Annette and Louise arrived about 6 and we made our way to our gate. The first flight was good - just a little bumpy as we started the descent into Denver but not much. Now that I think of the bumpy rides as though I were on a bike on a dirt path, I don't get anxious like I used to. Of course I'm not wearing a helmet on the plane but I guess that wouldn't really help.

No comments:

Post a Comment